1. Are you suffering from indigestion? We have ten time tested tips to help you digest your food. Fiber eliminates constipation. Your body needs between 25-30 grams of fiber in your diet per day. By eating foods rich in fiber, such as cherries, beans, whole-grains, and nuts, your digestion and elimination will be significantly improved. Fiber helps decrease weight gain, heart disease, blood sugar fluctuations, and hemorrhoids.
2. Can you believe that chewing gum might help with heartburn and reflux? Chewing gum can stimulate the production of acid-neutralizing saliva. This might have an opposite affect if you swallow too much air.
3. Losing weight usually decreases gastrointestinal symptoms. Too much weight in the abdomen will cause gas, bloating, and heartburn.
4. Eating small meals more frequently and consuming your food slowly will help reduce heartburn and indigestion. By eating slowly, you will tend to feel fuller with less food, which will stop you from overeating.
5. Drinking at least 8 ounces of fluids a day will keep you feeling full throughout the day. Did you know that water is contained in some foods such as: (celery, spinach, watermelon?)
6. Exercise will help with bloating and constipation. Exercise gets your blood circulating and your insides moving. A work out helps your elimination. Exercise helps manage stress, which can create constipation.
7. Probiotics are excellent for improving your digestion. Probiotics will reduce diarrhea, IBS, and IBD. Probiotics are found in yogurt, juices, snacks, and food supplements.
8. Stay away from foods that irritate your digestion. Gassy and acidic foods add to inflammation and irritation.
9. If you smoke, STOP! Smoking weakens the esophagus causing acid reflux and heartburn. Smokers are rated at a higher risk of peptic ulcers and Crohn’s Disease.
10. Are Dairy foods your problem? Lactose, which is the sugar in milk, is hard to digest for most people. Gas, bloating, and pain are common symptoms after eating dairy products. If you eliminate all dairy, you stop these symptoms. Alternatives are soy, rice or almond milk, cheeses, or vegan.Are Dairy foods your problem? Lactose, which is the sugar in milk, is hard to digest for most people. Gas, bloating, and pain are common symptoms after eating dairy products. If you eliminate all dairy, you stop these symptoms. Alternatives are soy, rice or almond milk, cheeses, or vegan.
If you would like more information about improving your digestion, nutrition, or the use of probiotics, please contact Talya Meldy at Clear Way Health Phone: 310-391-2017. Or try emailing Talya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.**